- Driessen, S. and Jones, B. (2016) Love Me For A Reason: An Autoethnographic Account of Boyzone Fandom. Journal of the International Association for the Study of Popular Music, 6 (1). DOI: 10.5429/2079-3871 (2016)v6i1.5en
- Driessen, S. (2015) Larger than Life: exploring the transcultural practices of the Dutch Backstreet Boys fandom. Participations Journal of Audience and Reception Studies 12 (2), pp. 180-196
- Driessen, S. (2015) ‘Still got the feelin’: Exploring post-youth’s enjoyment of music from their recent past. Postgraduate Journal of Women, Ageing and Media, 2, 90-98.
- Van der Hoeven, A., Janssen, S. & Driessen, S. (2016) Articulations of memory and identity: The meanings of language in Dutch popular music Popular Music, Memory and Heritage in Popular Music and Society 36 (1) (published online first, 2015)
- Driessen, S. (2015) I want it that way; 30 en nog steeds fan van the Backstreet Boys, Versvak.nl
- Driessen, S. (2016) Music brings us together – Does it? in Koudstaal, P. Music Brings Us Together, Hamburg: Gudberg
In the Media
- Interviewed by Dutch Public Broadcaster NOS about why Justin Bieber’s fans won’t stop screaming at his concerts. Later, I talked about the same topic to Metro Nieuws (Dutch version of free tabloid Metro), and 3FM, a public radio station aimed at youngsters and young adults. Find these media fragments (all in Dutch) here.
- Gave a talk on music and the future for the Community for Histories of the Future (CHiFT)
- Interviewed by Dutch Business News Radio about my research on music (in particular the Backstreet Boys and Spice Girls) from the past and its role in current everyday life (in Dutch)
- Interviewed for expert opinion on the topic of female music fans for Volkskrant Magazine (in Dutch)
- Acted as expert reviewer at the International Film Festival in Rotterdam, 2014 for the movie Electro Chaabi
Book Reviews (academic)
- Driessen, S. (2016). Mediated Nostalgia: Individual Memory and Contemporary Mass Media by Ryan Lizardi. Cultural Sociology, 10 (4), 9-10. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1177/1749975516672371e
- Driessen, S. (2016). Understanding the end: Post-object Fandom: Television, Identity and Self-Narrative by Rebecca Williams. Intensities: The Journal of Cult Media, 8, 115-117. Retrieved from https://intensitiescultmedia.files.wordpress.com/2016/01/13-driessen-post-object-fandom-review.pdf